Wednesday 21 October 2015


Today I have learnt how to draw realistic faces. I have been taught how to draw real life faces in proportion since Art definitely. To construct a face you need to first of all draw an oval, then half the oval. Next you need to spilt the face into sections with lines. Then you add the eyes as dots first before turning them into eyes. You add various features like noses and ears and a mouth to make the face more realistic.

I have drawn three drawings with different expressions that show different characters. On all three of the faces I have drawn some hair which gives the character some personality. This way you can tell whether it is a boy or a girl which is harder to do when there is no hair on the face. The way that I have drawn the faces is different to how I draw them. They are different because I do the face and the eyes last compared with the rest of the body but I drew the eyes first. I didn't particularly like doing it this way because that is not how I draw faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment