Wednesday 4 November 2015

Graphics designs

Today I have learnt how to use the computer to create some graphic type designs. The software that I used is Adobe Illustrator. My favourite design that I have created today would probably be my alien. The alien that I like out of mine is the one with the glass type head. This is because I have created an alien , a tiny bit like a Scooby doo monster. The techniques that I used to create this alien is a shadow technique using windows and then clicking on stroke. I was playing around with the different types of techniques and I created a cool alien that I like. I prefer this software more than Photoshop. This is because I find it easier to follow and in my opinion it is more fun. I love my creations of the eyes because they look exactly like a cartoon which is what I am looking for. I am very happy with my designs. I feel like my art techniques come in handy when I am creating characters. I found it very fun to explore the software because it showed me great techniques and graphics that I have never used before. I love the software that I am getting used to it more than Photoshop. The shapes and colours look exactly like a cartoon character, which is exactly what I want to do in the future. I think that I would be good at doing this. I like it too much.  The tools that I used for this design was the paint tool which allows you to draw and paint whatever you like. I have also used the shape tool for a perfect shape such as a star and circles, rectangles. I have used the direct tool to cut the circle shape in half to create curves for a mouth shape and for part of the eyes. I have used these techniques to add detail to the character so it looks graphical instead of strange and odd.


The type of game that I could use my characters in is some sort of chase time. This is because they are kind of 3d looking. They should be in a similar game to pacman because it uses strange aliens. I think that the type of game these characters should be for is a cartoon game for children. This is because the character designs form the computer look like they are from a cartoon game. The cartoon elements is the eyes and detail that I have put into the graphics to create the characters. These were just try outs to see what work3ed and what didn't. It turns out that it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment