Wednesday 13 January 2016

Super Cute

Today I have created some cute characters using  Adobe Illustrator and the tutorial,.  The star characters have worked a lot better then my alien characters. This is because I found it slightly hard to unite alien characters into an alien body using the tutorial. Even though the aliens don't look exactly right they still look alright. They look like aliens which is all that matters. I like the eyes on my cute characters because I have created these very well. I like the eyes that I have created using Adobe Illustrator because they look very sweet as if they want something from people.




I have also created a necklace using the same software. This didn't really work out as well as I would have liked it to because you cant see the necklace part, just the bead part. I found this hard to follow because I had to add each individual circle to the necklace instead of creating lots of circles at once which was annoying. I found this annoying because I had to keep on copying and pasting each individual circle to add to the necklace.




I have changed my star character and alien character by copying the main part of the character. The only thing that I changed with these two characters is the paint tool on the mouth to make them look more detailed. I have done this to create another alien character and star character. I have also done this because it makes the character look more interesting instead of exactly the same as the other characters that I have created which would have been very boring. I have also outlined my second star character with the paint tool to create a new effect that I feel as though has worked very well foe the character.




If I was to redo the characters that I have created I would try and make the aliens look more like aliens because the body doesn't really look like an alien. I like the colours that I have used for my characters because they look very realistic in my opinion which I like. I like the mouths on all of the characters that I have created because they look very happy. I feel as though I have created the mouths better than the rest of the characters which I like.  The mouths bring out the  characters even more. If the characters didn't have mouths then you wouldn't see their expression of happiness
.


The tools that I have used to create these characters is the shape tool to create the different shapes of the characters. I have rounded off the star characters to make them look more like stars. I have created the mouths by overlapping two circles, then I used the direct select tool to create the mouths which I thought has worked very well. I have enjoyed making these characters because it was fun and it gave me great practise when I next create some cute characters.  I have grouped each separate character together so that I could move it around the canvas.




For my aliens I have created two white circles for the eyes to make them look cute. This has worked very well because the aliens are cute. I have also done this to create the starry eyed effect  to my aliens to give them slightly more detail.  This makes them look realistic. The graphics that I have used to create the aliens and the stars has worked well because they look as though they are part of a  game or an animation. Especially with the way that I have created the eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment